Addiction is a disease or sickness of the brain that necessitates a composite interplay of genetics and environment. When an individual scuffle or struggle with a substance use disorder, he irresistibly seek and ingest drugs, even if consequences are understood.
If an individual struggles with an addiction or substance use disorder, it is essential to find a suitable program that can help an individual to overcome this problem and help manage the disease on a long-term basis. These programs offer a host of medical services that support the individual detox to substance abuse and learn more about their addiction. The good thing is that such a wide variety of options means everyone could find an option that will help them. Drug and alcohol treatment programs are offered in two variants- Inpatient or Outpatient rehab. These rehabs equally focused on providing the unique attributes and benefits to an individual.
Inpatient Rehab Treatment
In the Inpatient or residential treatment, the average days are required to 30 days. The actual length of a typical stay depends on the needs, situation, and insurance coverage.
• Round the clock, 24 hours supervision is provided by trained staff and therapies, so an individual is never alone while battling this addiction
• An individual becomes the part of a community- other residents are also benefited from this program
• An intense level of care is provided to an individual to help overcome addiction.
• By being in the residential program, more time is focused on recovery through group and individual counseling and other treatment exercises
• There will be no distractions of daily life activities during treatment.
• The success rate is high in this treatment
• This treatment varies from 30 days to three months
• This program is designed to treat severe addiction
• Therapy programs focused on understanding the addiction
• An individual is not free to come and go
• The structured environment dictates the full routine of the day, either it is getting up in the morning, eating counseling sessions, or free time.
• An arrangement is also made for childcare while an individual is in treatment.
• Leave is to be taken while an individual is in a job to participate
• Many insurers will cover only outpatients treatment
• More expensive program
Outpatient Rehab Treatment
In this program, an individual is free to come and go. An individual commonly participates in counseling sessions for a particular timeframe before completing an application.
• This treatment is structured to help an individual in his daily activities like work, caring for a family.
• These counseling sessions are commonly offered in the evenings or at weekends.
• The things learned in the treatment program could be applied in daily life setting and to make changes immediately
• This program also includes family sessions to help you support a better network and understand the challenges of life.
• Outpatient treatment is reviewed a more affordable treatment option and is commonly covered by insurance
• This treatment is accessible to recover
• This program is designed to treat mild consequences
• A higher level of anonymity and privacy of life
• The ability to maintain current community ties
• An individual is risked to be influenced by an outside abuser of drug and alcohol
• Access to drug and alcohol always remain
• There are less program that offers detox option
• The focus to recover could be distracted by daily life activities in the outside environment
• An individual’s access to a counselor is more limited than in residential or inpatient treatment
• In outpatient treatment, you do not spend much time with others during surgery as compared to inpatient treatment, where people make a bond with others.
• The less structured time during the day gives the mind time to wander
• The success rate is low in this treatment
• This treatment could vary from 3 months to over a year program
It is essential to prepare yourself for the rehab program properly. There is never a set amount of time for treatment. The most important thing is to establish an entry date for rehab and to settle affairs before that date.
Some of the essential steps to be taken before joining the program:
• Need to talk to the employer
• Need to find the living arrangement for the family members
• Planning how to get in the treatment program
• To find out what particular items are provided
Whatever is the decision, recovery is around the corner. No matter what option you choose, rehab can change an individual’s life. Addiction is a brain or chronic illness, and recovery is a lifelong process. It is always advisable that medical professionals, mental health counselor, and community groups can teach the necessary skills to avoid relapse.